The Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2017 takes place in Baku on June 18. Here’s the information you need to plan a flight operation to Heydar Aliyev airport.
Heydar Aliyev International Airport
- IATA Code: GYD
- ICAO Code: UBBB
- Latitude/longitude: N 40° 28.2′ E 50° 03.1′
- Mag Var: 4.9°E
- Elevation: 10′
- Fuel: Jet A-1
- Time Zone Info: GMT+4:00 uses DST
- Overflight permits are not required for private aircraft with standard Airworthiness Certificate, however, notification is recommended
- Landing permits are required for private flights
- Non-scheduled flights: Overflight permits are not required for aircraft with standard Airworthiness Certificate, however, a notification is recommended
- Landing permits are required for all non-scheduled flights
- Slot approval must be requested in advance – at least three days prior to arrival
- The most congested hours at UBBB are 0800L-1100L and 1630L-1900L
- UAS offer supply via truck/bowser fuel delivery (Fuel type TS1)
- A passport and visa are required for all visitors
Any person holding an official invitation letter issued by the State Migration Service of Azerbaijan (or another Azerbaijan government authority) can obtain a visa on arrival.
Employees of the Asian Development Bank (ADB) and their dependents can obtain a visa on arrival if holding an official invitation letter from the ADB.
Visitors can obtain a visa on arrival for a maximum of 30 days. They must also hold a passport valid for three months beyond the period of the visa validity, onward or return tickets and two color passport photos, with a white background. Fees vary between EUR 35 and EUR 90 depending on the nationality of the applicant.
Note: Travelers visiting relatives must register with the local police. This can also be arranged by your hotel.
- All crew members require a passport and a General Declaration Form and must be traveling in uniform
- A visa is not required
Free import by persons of 16 years and over:
- 1,000 cigarettes or 1,000 grams of tobacco products
- 5 liters of alcoholic beverages and 2 liters of wine
- Perfume for personal use only
- Goods up to an amount of USD 10,000 for non-residents
Prohibited items: Photographs and printed matter directed against Azerbaijan, live animals (subject to special permit), military arms and ammunition, narcotics, fruit, and vegetables.
It is prohibited to export: Arms, ammunition, precious metals (gold, silver), precious stones or real pearls, furs, antiquities and art objects (these are subject to duty and require a special permit from the ministry of culture).
Passengers must declare all personal effects that fall under the above criteria upon arrival.
- Baggage is cleared at the first airport of entry in Azerbaijan
- Baggage of transit passengers with a destination outside of the CIS is exempt
There is no airport tax levied on passengers at this airport.
- The local currency is Azerbaijani Manat
- Non-residents can carry unlimited foreign currencies provided they make a declaration stamped by Customs at Baku
- Non-residents can leave with the amount imported and declared (proof of import must be presented otherwise a maximum of USD 1,000 only can be exported)
Hotels are within 3km of Baku:
- Excelsior Hotel And Spa Baku
- Divan Express Baku
- Teatro Boutique Hotel
- Qafqaz Park Hotel
- Premier Hotel
- Consul Hotel
Hotels close to the airport:
- Sheraton Baku Airport Hotel
- Days Hotel Baku Azerbaijan
- Khazar Beach Hotel
Bus: A direct express minibus (Number 116) operates from Baku City center every 30 minutes from early morning until late night. It approximately 30–40 minutes from the airport to the city.
Car: The airport is 20 km northeast of Baku and is linked to the city by two modern highways – Airport Highway and Zigh-Airport Highway. The journey takes about 30-40 minutes depending on traffic.
For more information or assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org