Kaduna International Airport
Kaduna International Airport is the official alternative airport to Abuja’s Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport (DNAA) during its six-week closure beginning March 8.
|Tower frequency:||118.8||Latitude/longitude:||N10°41.75′ / E7°19.22′|
|Elevation:||2072.0 feet MSL||Mar Var:||1° W|
|Time zone:||+1 UTC||AOE:||Yes|
|Fuel types:||Jet-A1||Airport type:||Civil|
|Customs:||24/7||Runway width:||45m (10.5m shoulder)|
|Airport slots:||N/A||Fire category:||9|
|ATC hours:||24/7||Aircraft handled:||B747|
Cities served: Kaduna, Abuja, and Zaria.
Lead time for permit approval: 48 hours.
Landing permits: Must be obtained from the CAA through an agent before landing.
- ILS/VOR has been recently installed
- RNAV approach acceptable
- Open bay parking is available
- Capacity for 9-12 jets
Equipment availability: Portable water carts GPU up to 737/747 capacity and aircraft steps are available.
Terminal capacity: 500 passengers.
Maintenance and hangars: Light Maintenance only; hangars are not available.
- Conoil is the only supplier
- 1,400 tank capacity
- Jet A1 available through fuel release
Catering: Not available.
Crew facilities: VIP Lounge is available for crew use.
- A passport is required
- Those coming from Yellow fever endemic regions require Yellow Fever Vaccination card
- Visas not required for stay up to 72 hours
- GENDEC, Crew ID, Uniform are required
- Fire: +234 8034655502
- Police: +234 8123822284 / +234 818453313
- Emergency: +234 8036154488
Security brief: It is highly advisable to check with your flight or trip support advisor before travel.
Alternative airport: DNKN (Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport).
- Available for crew and passenger transport to VIP Lounge/hotel
- Helicopter shuttle service is also available to Abuja DNAA
- Hotel 7teen (40 minutes away)
- Assa Pyramid Hotel (40 minutes away)
Note: This list is for informational purposes only and based on proximity. UAS does not promote any specific establishments.
- Kaduna Museum
- Kamuku National Park
- Commonwealth War Cemetary
- Lugard Tower
Kaduna has a tropical climate with an average annual temperature of 25°C. Summers experience more rainfall than the winter period. The highest annual temperatures occur in July, August, and September.