Heading to the NBAA Regional Forum in Palm Beach? Or to the greater Miami area for business or pleasure? Here’s what you need to know.
The National Business Aviation Association’s (NBAA) first event of 2017 gets underway in West Palm Beach on Thursday, January 26. The regional forum will see current and prospective industry stakeholders congregate in Florida for the one-day event that will include exhibits, static displays, education sessions and discussions, and will give current and prospective business aircraft owners, operators, manufacturers, and other industry stakeholders the opportunity to meet, discuss the market, and do business. So, here’s the operational info you need to plan a trip to Palm Beach.
Palm Beach International Airport
- ICAO code: KPBI
- IATA code: PBI
- Latitude/ longitude: N26-41.0/W080-05.7
- Elevation: 20 ft.
- Magnetic variation: 06W
- Fuel types: Jet / Avgas
- Overflight and landing permits for both private and non-scheduled flights are generally not required at this airport
- There are no parking restrictions at this time
- There are no significant NOTAMs
- A passport and visa are required and all visitors must hold return/onward tickets
- All visitors are required to hold proof of sufficient funds to cover their stay
- All visitors must produce any documents required for their next destination
The following applies to those traveling under the U.S. Visa Waiver Program:
Each passenger must hold a passport (including biometric Emergency/Temporary passport) and be traveling as a tourist, on business or in transit. Passengers can make side trips to Canada, Mexico or Caribbean countries/islands, provided first entering the U.S. on a carrier participating in the Visa Waiver program (VWP). There will be no time extension given based on any of these departures.
The same regulations apply for crew member as for regular passengers.
Visa regulations for Airline Crews:
- A D-Visa is valid for entry of aircrew members arriving in the USA on a flight operated by their own company
- Such crew members must be listed as “crew” on the arrival manifesto
- If an aircrew arrives on a flight of another carrier for the purpose of boarding a flight as a member of crew, they must have a valid C-1 visa
- A Form I-95 must be filled out on arrival
Note: making false statements to U.S. Customs officers is punishable by law.
Information regarding regulations for the movement of fish, animals, and foodstuffs, periods of quarantine, etc. should be obtained from the following:
- U.S. Bureau of Sport, Fisheries, and Wildlife, Washington, D.C. 20240
- U.S. Embassies or Consulates overseas
- U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS), National Center for Import and Export, 4700 River Road, Unit 39; Riverdale, MD 20737
For full details, please see http://www.aphis.usda.gov/
- Embassy Suites by Hilton West Palm Beach Central
- Hilton Palm Beach Airport
- Holiday Inn Palm Beach Airport
- Hampton Inn West Palm Beach Central
- DoubleTree by Hilton West Palm Beach Airport
- West Palm Beach Marriott
- All major car rental companies are available at/near the airport
- Cars with a driver can be arranged through your trip support provider
- The airport is served by a public bus service that connects to the West Palm Beach bus and rail stations